Dr. Gernot Lämmler
Evangelisches Geriatriezentrum Berlin gGmbH
Reinickendorfer Str. 61
Phone +49(0)30 4594-1975
Fax +49(0)30 4594-1938
Private clinic for memory disorders
Deteriorating memory capabilities can be a simple expression of normal aging processes, but also an early symptom of dementia. Early diagnosis and therapy is very important, because it is possible to have a positive impact even on progressive conditions. Our private memory clinic offers meticulous clarification based on state-of-the-art scientific findings.
Private health insurance and assistance funds pay the costs.
Our clinic examination consists of comprehensive medical-psychological diagnosis, also involving a family carer, followed by a discussion of the therapeutic measures that we recommend in your particular case. We advise your family carers about possibilities for help and support.
The costs are paid by private health insurance and the assistance funds. Members of the statutory health insurance scheme have to pay for the memory clinic, however the scheme will pay the costs for services provided by the GP in consultation with our clinic.
- Early diagnosis with special tests
- Differential diagnosis, e.g. depression vs. dementia
- Classifying complaints in the patient's current health status
- Critical review of long-term medication
- Control of the risk factors
- Introduction of suitable medication and psychosocial therapy
- Progress checks
- Clinical studies of new anti-dementia drugs
- Advice for family carers
- Advice on suitability for driving motor vehicles
- Memory group for fit seniors
- Memory group for people with minor deficits
- Memory group for people with minor dementia
- Skill-oriented individual therapy
Focus groups for family carers
In cooperation with the Alzheimer Angehörigen-Initiative e.V. (AAI - Alzheimer's carers group), we offer carers focus groups with professional facilitators. The focus groups are free of charge; the fees for looking after patients at the same time are often refunded by the public health care.